love in the tetons (trailer)
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Fifteen years ago, Juan Martinez, an at-risk teenager from south-central Los Angeles, stepped off a bus in Grand Teton National Park and saw the stars for the first time in his life. The experience inspired him to connect more diverse and urban youth to nature, and in the process, he met Vanessa Torres, a park ranger, and fell in love all over again. This debut film of NPX's 10-part series reveals the compelling journey that led Juan to the Tetons, to Vanessa, and to his renewed vision of the American Dream: one that blooms out of love, inclusion, and our living, breathing national parks. To see the full film contact Dana.
Learn more about NPX, the stories, distribution, and our team.
Dana Romanoff, Director/Producer/Director of Photography
Amy Marquis, Director/Producer
Chuck Smith, Editor/Cinematographer
Zoe Keating, Music
- 2015 Official Selection Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection Banff Mountain Film Festival and World Tour
- 2014 Official Selection Mountain Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection Wild and Scenic Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection Port Townsend Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection Range of Light Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection Adventure Film Festival
- 2014 Official Selection LWFF
- 2014 Official Selection Crested Butte Film Festival
National Park Experience is a 10-part short film series which creates an invitation to every American, regardless of age, race, religion, or economic status, to embrace and become part of “America’s Best Idea.” Culminating in the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the park service in 2016.